Compared with conventional shell & tube heat exchangers, HELIXCHANGER® heat exchanger has the following advantages:
- Reduced shellside fouling
- Higher shellside heat transfer coefficient
- Lower vibration risk
- Lower shellside pressure drop
- Improved two-phase flow distribution
- Cost saving on total life-cycle basis
- Elimination of dead zones that exist in conventional segmental baffles
- Increased B-stream flow fraction at the expense of A- and E- flow fractions
HELIXCHANGER® heat exchanger is best suited for services in which shellside heat transfer plays a determining role and/or shellside pressure drop is controlling and where reduced shellside fouling or flow-induced vibration are a concern. Shellside media may range from hydrogen-rich gas to viscous fluid with high fouling tendencies, in single or two-phase flow.
Typical applications are in the gas processing, refining, petrochemical and chemical industries.